Use promotional code CFUAA at checkout to receive this discount.
A comprehensive update, the fourth edition of this leading text features numerous chapters by new authors addressing the latest trends and topics in the field. The book presents the foundational concepts and methodological tools that readers need in order to engage with today's pressing urban transportation policy issues. Coverage encompasses passenger and freight dynamics in the American metropolis; the local and regional transportation planning process; and questions related to public transit, land use, social equity and environmental justice, energy consumption, air pollution, transportation finance, sustainability, and more. Among the student-friendly features are special-topic boxes delving into key issues and 87 instructive figures, including eight color plates.
New to This Edition
- Extensively revised coverage of information and communication technologies, urban freight, travel behaviors, and regional transportation planning.
- Engaging discussions of current topics: smartphone travel tracking, Uber, car and bike sharing, food deserts, biofuels, and more.
- Heightened focus on climate change.
- Reflects over a decade of policy changes, technological advances, and emergent ideas and findings in the field.
- Most of the figures and special-topic boxes are new.
Infrastructure, Capital Projects, Networks, Transport, Urban Services
Land Use, Growth Management, Urban Development, Urban Planning